Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fun with fabric


My friend Teri keeps after me. She says I never post any of my fabric fun on my flickr. She's absolutely correct. Most of my fabric things won't fit in my scanner, and I just get lazy, too lazy to photograph them and post them. But here, for your viewing pleasure, is the first step on what might turn out to be a "project" for the Fabric Printing and Dyeing class that I'm taking. The blue outline is a water based colored gutta resist. The colors are fabric paints, applied with a brush after the gutta dried and was heat-set with an iron. I'm rather pleased with this piece, which might find its way into a sort of wall-hanging. Other people in the class expressed admiration also. I blush. And enjoy the praise.

4 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting design, and it looks like you had fun developing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the fabrics are fabulous!! The colors and designs you have put in are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Flickr. I love the puzzle effect you did with this design. The colors are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huzzah! This piece seems very Picasso-esque to me...Virginia is amazing, it is great fun to watch her try out totally new things like this, and enjoy such cool results! Love it!

    ReplyDelete