Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm never blue when the sky is...


...and lately we have had clear blue skies, cold, crisp mornings and sunny days. We desperately need rain, and we all will welcome it when it comes, but I can't help loving these gorgeous days. It's the truth: when the sky is this bright clear blue, I am NOT depressed. I spent enough years living in Coastal Northern California with high grey overcast that deadened all shadows, feeling tired and sad and defeated. Since moving to Ukiah, where the sun shines almost every day, my emotional life has improved immeasurably. And not too long ago, I got back in touch with the dancer within me, who had been hiding, dormant, waiting to emerge, and what I feel now is JOY. The phrase "jump for joy" makes sense to me now.

1 comment:

  1. Joy is GOOD! It's great you are hearing your inner music, so you can dance in the sunshine...the sun makes me feel lots better too. On overcast days, even when indoors, I notice when the sun becomes bright enough that there are shadows. We are California Poppies, turning inward when the sun doesn't shine, and displaying our happy whole self when exposed to the sun! Glad you is.

    ReplyDelete