Friday, August 28, 2009

End of Summer


This little watercolor (postcard size) just looks like summer to me...the coolness of the blue chair, the water in the background, the bag on the ground. I had a busy summer--didn't spend much time just sitting in a chair looking at the view. Instead I traveled up and down the state of California, indeed, into OREGON.

So now it's time for me to sit back, and get back to my creative muse. Time to do more watercolors, and start a new art quilt. I have some ideas.

8 comments:

  1. I like this drawing very much. It is so summery, yet has the feel of endings. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Looks like a perfect summer spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture. So soothing. I love the Oregon Coast.

    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Oregon coast, too, but this was done right here in California, at Spring Lake Park in Santa Rosa. Great place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...the colors are just so 'seaside'....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done..reminds me of when I would sit by the lake watching my son in crew. Anyway, I have looked up and down your blog - I think you are extremely creative, and your work is beautiful and varied! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. EXCELLENT!! I luv it! It takes me right to the serene pond with the Koi swimming about...very calming yet enspiring!!
    hugs
    arlene

    ReplyDelete