Sunday, August 9, 2009

No excuses


So, okay, I haven't been posting, but I have been creating some. During July I did a house sit for friends, took their chocolate lab for walks every day, enjoyed their air-conditioned home during a real HOT spell here. My 13-year-old granddaughter stayed with me most of the time, and we had a good time. To escape the heat, we went to a nearby lake with inexpensive air mattresses, and laughed and laughed, playing a game I think should be called "Dunk the Grandma", which she did many times. Then we both laughed until we nearly cried, while I tried to get back ONTO the air mattress. It's a challenge in deeper water, nothing to brace against. I had so much practice that I figured out how to remount the inflatable. I certainly slept well at night!

The other game we played is cribbage, which she had just learned how to play. Her novice status didn't stop her from skunking me a couple of times.... Fun fun fun.

And I can't believe it, but community college classes begin the week of August 17. The summer has flown.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Indeed the summer has flown, and you description of the time with your granddaughter sounds delightful. Great sketches. Hope your school year is rewarding and fun. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the lines that are thick and thin, showing flowing of depth. :) I like how you color them too, and reminds me of vectorized graphics

    ReplyDelete