Thursday, September 17, 2009

Don't Faint

Those of you who have believed in me, when I said I would post the quilt once I finished the binding--here it is. Not the best quilt, not the best photo, but hey, it's my first! Let me hasten to say that I did NOT do the piecing, nor choose the colors. As I may have said before, we who volunteer to rescue these unfinished projects had applied a rather impolite pejorative title to it while we were working on it. Many of us now feel that the *duckling has become almost a swan! Quilting makes a BIG difference. I've included a closeup shot of a small section so you can see the lovely meandering pattern I free-handed. I love to pat myself on the back.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Well, give yourself another pat on the back - it is lovely! Very nice job. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations... and may I add, WOW. I remain in awe of quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! That must take an incredible amount of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I like seeing quilting on your blog (and my blog!). Please keep sharing. There are lots of quilters who are members of EDM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely quilt. The long arm quilting machines can really be a challenge to use. They go so fast. Love the meandering pattern you did. I'm a quilter too, and like Shirley said there are quite a few of us on the EDM list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always wonderful to try new things. Congratulations! I think the meandering threading is beautiful. I'll stick to paper though - thank you very much. People might talk.

    ReplyDelete